Process of installation
The installation of the FuranFlex® liner in chimneys fundamentally differs from any other chimney lining methods. The lining of chimneys, which would take several days with traditional methods, will be completed in a few hours applying the FuranFlex® technology. It provides the solution for lining even such chimneys, which could not be lined with another method or which could only be lined at demolishing some of the walls.
At the same time, the complete FuranFlex® liner is more durable and safer than the materials of conventional chimney liners.
Only contractors trained by Kompozitor Kft. and bearing training certificate can carry out the lining works and only the tools specifically designed and developed for the subject technology can be used at the installation works. Training applies to both types of FuranFlex® (black) and FuranFlex® RWV (red).
For the list of certified contractors check “contact” in the main menu.
The following summary is to provide some insight to the process steps of the FuranFlex® installation.
1. Preparation for the lining
- camera inspection
- removing foreign objects
- cleaning if necessary
- filling of the steam generator with (either ion exchanged or distilled) water
- connecting the steam generator to the gas bottle
- turning on the heating of the steam generator
|Picture of a chimney to be lined before and after preparation|
2. Preparing the insertion
- Inserting the T-joint
- FuranFlex® liner tube (5) placement near the chimney
- Preparing the machines and tools needed for the installation
- Insertion is carried out from top to bottom at smaller chimneys, while at larger ones, from bottom to top with a hoist
- the liner tube goes through the T-joint (6) and the calibrating ring (7)
- fixing the adapter heads to the stands
- connecting the pipe (10) of the fast blowing unit (3)
- connecting the pipe (12) of the steam generator (1)
- connecting the returning line of the condense water (11) to the water tank (2)
4. Inflating FuranFlex® liner with air
- upper valve (8) closed
- check all connections
- commence inflating with the fast blowing unit
5. FuranFlex® hardening with steam
- set the needed pressure on the steam generator (0.1 – 0.4 bar, lower pressure is needed with larger diameter)
- blow in the steam of 105 – 110 °C temperature
- minimal opening of the upper valve (8)
- monitor the progress of the hardening process, increase steam pressure (maximum value is 0.4 bar)
- close off the steam pressure when hardened, cool down FuranFlex® liner (fast blowing unit may be used)
6. Forming the ends of the liner
- cutting off the extra length of the tube under the upper adapter
- cutting off the FuranFlex® liner under the calibrating ring (7)
7. Finishing works
- inserting the cleaning piece (17) on the calibrating ring (7)
- closing the soot door (18)
- placing the rain protector (19)
The above process steps serve to demonstrate the FuranFlex® technology in a simplified method.